City of New Hope
New Hope is a city in Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States and a suburb of Minneapolis. The population was 20,339 at the 2010 census and 20,907 at the 2019 estimate.
New Hope was originally a farming community called Hope in Crystal Lake Township. In 1936, the city of Crystal was incorporated, taking up all of former Crystal Lake Township. The farmers in the western part of the city broke off and formed New Hope Township. In 1953, with suburbia moving in and farmers moving out, New Hope incorporated as a city.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has an area of 5.10 square miles (13.21 km2), of which 5.04 square miles (13.05 km2) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) is water. It is 12 miles northwest of downtown Minneapolis.
- Leo G. Adams – Minnesota state legislator
- Curt Hennig – professional wrestler, entombed at Gethsemane Cemetery.
- Dorothy Hokr – Minnesota state legislator.
- Tim Vakoc – first United States military chaplain to be critically injured during Operation Iraqi Freedom, died in New Hope.
- Rashad Vaughn – NBA player for Milwaukee Bucks
- Mark Thompson – Minnesota state legislator
- Mariana Cress – athlete in the 2016 Rio Olympics
- Lance Pitlick – NHL player for Ottawa Senators and Florida Panthers
“New Hope, Minnesota” │ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hope,_Minnesota